Saturday, November 16, 2013

Warm Winter Wishes

Time to get serious about those Christmas cards. Most years I make 100+ of one card and send it out to everyone. Then I had my third kid and Tiny Prints became my best friend. This year, I am doing both. Don't know yet who will be getting homemade cards (if I don't make enough, and it's lookin' like that ain't happenin') but all will receive our photo Christmas card.

Anyhoo, I made this card to start off the marathon Christmas card making. :) I am trying to decide whether I want to try and use the same stamp or change it up. I'll keep you posted, no pun intended. :)


I inked up Stampin' Up's The More the Merrier set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored my image with Prismacolor pencils. I used Diamond Stickles on all the white parts of the "clothing" and Black Soot Distress Stickles on the buttons. I had a really hard time controlling the Distress Stickles and I should have given in and stopped but instead I jacked up the buttons. Oh well. I guess if it was perfect, no one would believe I made it. I stamped the heart in Real Red and the sentiment (both from the same set) in Versafine Black Onyx.


I cut the circles out with my Nestabilities small and large circle dies and punched the gray chevron from a new SU punch (I want to say it's available in the holiday catalog?). I embossed two of my circles with the Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and mounted everything on Real Red cardstock circles.


On the inside, I used the leftovers from the circles I had to cut from the front and used them to frame my sentiment, stamped in Real Red from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. 


How do you do your Christmas cards? Homemade or bought? All at once or over time? Let me know.

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy. 

I entered this card into the following challenges:

Sketch042.jpg

21 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the embossing. Your coloring is great and the inside is a perfect touch - I love it!! You could always make a pock card and slide the pics inside (haha) Have a great one and thanks for joining us at the FTHS sketch challenge this week!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Super fun card! I love the chevron pattern on the bottom and the embossed circles...and the inside is a brilliant idea! Thanks so much for joining us at From The Heart Stamps Sketch Challenge 42 and look forward to seeing more of your projects again! Great idea doing both photo & handmade for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE. I LOVE HOW EVERYTHING GOES SO WELL TOGETHER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch! The embossed circles add depth and texture to your design! Adorable image, nicely presented!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100 handmade cards? Wow, you really were ambitious! Love your cute snowman family, kind of reminds me of a snow glove scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sketch to use for snowmen! I love the 'snowballs' and the bright orange noses! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of the sketch and I love the snowmen image! Too cute. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this stunning....outside and in!!! Love that you used the sketch for the inside too!!! Beautiful image!! Thank you for entering FTH sketch challenge AND Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is excellent for Christmas. I love your color scheme and the embossing. Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this Snowman Stamp from SU. It´s super cute and easy to use. It´s perfect for CAS cards. You did a perfect job with the Sketch- it´s such a nice card. And how you create the inside- just great.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fab winter card, Alycia. That stamp is sooo cute! Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the sketch! And I really like that stamp! Thanks for joining us @ FTHS i {heart} sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful job! I love the inside! Precious! What shade of blue did you use for the card base? It's so pretty with the real red. Hey! You could link up to your Stampin' Up! rep. I heard she's pretty awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those snowmen are adorable! Maybe next year you can play with us all year and get a jump on all those cards - that's why I started doing this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really great card thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card! love the embossing!
    Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How super cute is this! Great take on the sketch too.

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh....I love your card! Super, super cute! Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs, Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card! I really like how you coordinated the inside with the outside. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You rocked the layout! Love the card, way toooo cute! So glad you joined us for our Winter Wishes challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful Winter Wishes! Thank you for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!