Monday, January 13, 2014

Make-a-Card Monday: Oh, Shiny...

Let me start by saying that I am attracted to shiny objects (can be totally distracted by them, in fact) and I'm a freakin' perfectionist when it comes to my cards. I don't recommend making a replica of this type of card if you are an OCD crafter like me. I thought I was going to go nutty. Just when I had every sequin in place, I would hit my craft sheet or breathe too hard. Arg. I almost scratched the whole thing.

When I first laid eyes on the inspiration card over at CASE STUDY, I knew what I wanted to make. It didn't come out exactly how I envisioned but it's pretty darn close. My picture is in the bright sun again so the sequins are extra shiny (ohhhh, shiny...) and you can't really make out that there six different colors used. Oh, well. 

I used the generic sequins from Joann's and, after adhering them, I put a small bit of Rock Candy Stickles in the center. (I don't know about your Tobow Mono Multi but mine stays super sticky if left exposed.) I stamped my sentiment form Stampin' Up's Picture This set in Versafine Black Onyx ink. I popped the card front up with popdots onto my Sahara Sand cardbase. 


Here's another version...


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you use the sequin here. Brilliant & sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one dedicated magpie, Alycia!! My goodness but these are remarkable cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and colorful! I like to use the Micro glue dots to adhere sequins. Must give the Tombow a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever and uninhibited use of sequins! I love that you went to town with the sparkle...it's fabby! Can't help but keep an eye on you, Alycia! :-)
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!