Sunday, December 8, 2013

Adventures in Running: Weather or not...

So, today was the day that I was supposed to run the Dallas Half Marathon. This weekend is also McCormick Family Christmas, when my family meets at my aunt and uncle's house (in the middle) and we spend the weekend together.

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating with us. There is a storm coming from Colorado through Oklahoma (where the other half of the family is coming from) and down into Texas. It is bringing with it a "wintery mix" and temps that don't exceed freezing. My family is a little weary of traveling in weather like this, particularly because we were in a horrible accident this time, six years ago. So my aunt and uncle postponed the weekend and I won't be able to make the run either.

I am disappointed but I don't know that I would have been able to run anyway. The last couple weeks have been really difficult and stressful. I was put on a new medication that reacted with another I was taking and made me feel worse and worse until at one point 911 was called. I am feeling a little better now but I haven't been able to run regularly in almost three weeks. I am on the mend though, and I am looking forward to regular runs again in the near future.

Thanks for sticking with me. My next run is the Houston Half Marathon on Sunday, January 19, 2014. It will be my second time participating in this run and I can't wait.

What is your next run?

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!