Sunday, October 3, 2010

Liar, Liar

pants on fire!

So, I didn't have a "family affair" to attend to but instead was away in France for 10 days. My husband and I choose not to tell lots of people that kind of thing on blogs, youtube.com, Facebook, etc. but I am back now so I can say it! I couldn't wait to tell you guys!


We started in the Loire Valley; Tours, France to be exact. The "country" to the natives. We spent 4 days there and 4 days in Paris proper. I will have lots of pictures and videos over the next few days (to weeks, probably!) to share with you some of my trip. Here are a few of my favorites...

My mother-in-law and I in front of Chateau Azay-La-Rideau

From the window at Chateau Chenonceau

At the base of the Eiffel Tower

Cooking at Le Cordon Bleu

View of Monet's garden from his window

Some of the activities on our itinerary were:
Visits to Chateaus Azay-le-Rideau, Villandry, Chenonceau, and Cheverny
Wine tasting in at Cave de la Grande Brosse
Tour of Faiencerie de Gien (porcelain factory)
Siene River Dinner Cruise
Paris Market tour with Le Cordon Bleu (then tasting and cooking class)
Night visit to the Louvre
Lunch at Laduree
Musee d' Orsay
Monet's graden at Giverny
Cheese tasting
Chocolate walking tour of Paris with stop at E. Dehillerin kitchen shop (Julia Childs's favorite store)

I went with a ladies' tour from Take Me to Europe. Check out Martha...her tours are the best and she's an awesome person to boot! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip and I look forward to the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your home safely. Can't wait for upcoming projects of your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!