Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Zibbet Shop

OK. So I was going back and forth about opening an Etsy.com shop. I really wanted a place, other than my blog, that people could see and buy my work, mostly the buying part. I feel more comfortable buying from a "legitimate" site, so I just assume others prefer that as well.

Anyhoo, I found that Etsy had so many fees that I would have to jack up all my prices just to break even. I want my products to be accessible to everyone and, in this economy, I just couldn't see the point in higher prices to pay a website, know what I mean?

Here's what I have found in my first week:

Zibbet.com Cons:
*It's not as well known as Etsy (yet). Products seem to move a little slower because of this. 

Zibbet.com Pros:
*IT'S FREE!!!
*You can pick your shop. For example, I can have a free shop and get all the basics. Or I could pay $9.95 a month and "Upgrade", get more perks and amenities. Or I could go even further and pay $69.95 a year ($6ish a month) for an even further upgrade and get every perk they offer. I chose to start on the free end and see how it goes.
*It's easy to use. Literally, just like Etsy.com.
*Once you open your store, there are all kinds of helpful hints that you can use it promote your business. For example, the link on my sidebar (with the owl...really, how can you miss it? :)). Super easy. 

So I wanted to share this find with you. Regan (Emora Designs) gave me this hint and I can't keep quiet about it. Super excited! Check it out and tell me what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!