Sunday, May 25, 2014

WWDD? (PIO21)

This week let me introduce you to Add a Little Dazzle. If you haven't been to see them yet, you're missing out. :) Wish I had known about them long ago.

They are sponsoring our 'ADD METAL' challenge this week over at the 
Pile It On Challenge Blog.




I got several gorgeous colors of metal sheets to play with but what really caught my attention was the fact that they were all silver on the back side. (So, it seems, no matter what color you get, the chances are the back is silver. Like two sheets in one!) I cut out the tie three times with my Cricut and the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. I glued them all together, creating a thicker version of my tie. I embossed my metal sheet first, with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. Then, carefully, I molded my metal around my tie template. I added some popdots (of my own making) to add some depth. The sentiment is from a Winnie & Walter set called 'Leave it to Dad' and is heat embossed with silver Stampin' Up embossing powder.


On the inside, I used SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes (Happy Father's Day) and another sentiment from the Winnie & Walter set as above. Both are embossed, again, the same as above. My kids will sign the card with white gel pen or white crayon. They are really into that right now. :)

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Pile It On #21 - Metal
Dazzling Diva Challenge #26 - Father's Day
Fantastic Tuesday #36 - One for the Guys
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge - Celebrations
My Craft Spot #138 - Graduate or Celebrate
Love to Scrap #30 - Anything Goes
Craft Hoarders Anonymous #8 - Metal or Glass
A Song in Your Heart #7 - 'Let's Hear it for the Boy'
Paper Crafting Journey - For a Man
Stamping Sensations: May - Anything Goes w/ Stamping
Just Keep on Creating: May - Anything Goes
Hiding in my Craft Room # 150 - Let's Hear it for the Boy!
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #30 - One for the Boys
Simply Create Too #62 - Father's Day
Crafty Catz #232 - Embossing
Alphabet Challenge - H is for Handmade Embellishments
Glitter N Sparkle #86 - Add Some Metal
My Sheri Crafts #13 - Masculine

20 comments:

  1. Wow, cool card!

    Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey Challenge and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugs
    DT Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool is this! Love the design! Thanks so much for joining us at A Song in your HeART!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple perfection. You nailed the masculine look with a very fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, so very effective love the silver against that beautiful blue, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a one of a kind card for sure! Love the metal tie! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very CAS, very clever! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect Fathers' Day card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this CAS card design...and that metal tie is really clever! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #8: Metal or Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever to make the tie out of metal. Nice and clean. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and wonderful card Alycia thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun Father's Day card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Fathers Day Card, just love the tie...glad you are sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so great. How fun! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT card!!! I just love how you did the tie with th metal sheets. Thanks for joining us this week over at Hiding In My Craft Room!

      Kathy HIMCR DT
      UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 30: for the guys - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the Metal of Glass Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This is so great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!