Friday, July 18, 2014

I know an artist. (GD-FTC)

This is my second post as a guest designer over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.  :)

I hope you'll join me in this 'Super' challenge. There are multiple sponsors and prizes. Lots to win. :)

 Here's my project.


I'm actually related to an artist. My brother-in-law is a fabulous art teacher at the Art Institute in Kansas City. And he's making a name for himself around town as well. We go on a family vacation every summer and he couldn't join because he had to teach a summer semester. I thought we would send him this card to let him know we missed him. :)

I used Artemis by Rick St. Dennis. This is my first Rick St. Dennis experience and I must say that it was quite easy coloring up this image. The shading is already drawn in for you so I just added the color with my Prismacolor pencils and a few Copic markers. I used my Nestabilities circle dies, as usual. :) I printed out my own sentiment that I found on the internet. The paper is from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook paper pad. The card base is Neenah Desert Storm.

I think it looks really cool being all black and white with a colorful focal point.


Thank you for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
WordArt Wednesday #141 - Anything Goes
Colour Q #250 - Black, White, and 'Spot' of Color (or all 5)
Casology #104 - Pet
Crafting From the Heart #27 - Anything Goes
Wags N Whiskers #133 - Anything Goes
Digi Stamps 4 Joy #96 - For the Boys
The Cutie Pie Challenge #73 - Use a Cute Digi
Great Impressions Challenge : July - Animal Friends
Crafting by Designs : July - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. WOW, what FUN, by brother is an artist in Utah, and the BYU art curator/director /teacher of the galleries there. His art is pretty cool. He is found here if you are curious!!! Love your card, and the sentiment, I MUST have for my dear brother!!!!!!

    HUGS, Thanks do much for being inspired and adding this cutie to the CASology gallery and joining us this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this sweet creation! Your coloring is super gorgeous and I LOVE that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute & colourful card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring! How could your BIL not love this? Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your colouring is so vibrant and perfect! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so bright and cheerful! Love your coloring and I'm sure your BIL will enjoy the card!Thanks so much for joining us for the Great Impressions challenge! I hope share with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alycia this is gorgeous

    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!