Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Attachment Issues...

So, I'm sure I'm not the only Mommy out there that got the advice about the children attaching to something so you might as well have some say. Right? Anyone else?

Okay, so at one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with my first child, a newish mommy pulled me aside and told me that my baby would attach to something so I better figure out what I wanted it to be and get multiples. I took this advice and my mom made my first (and my second, and my third) "whoobies". (Mr. Mom reference, anyone know what I'm talking about?) When my first daughter was old enough, I introduced her to this sweet blanket that my mom made and she still sleeps with it (she's seven, don't judge). Same with my second baby girl, but this time my mom made four instead of two, like the first time. And my third baby? Well, he got seven. But he's also attaching to something else...

My in-laws went to London several months ago and asked the girls what they wanted ZsaZsa and Papa to bring back. P (the middle) asked for a monkey. Why? I don't know but when someone figures out the mind of a four year old, let me know. So, ZsaZsa brings her a monkey. And it's a sweet, soft, very cuddly monkey that L soon can't sleep without. So now, my baby is attached to (1) something that's not really his (though his sister is being GREAT about it) and (2) is from London. I start to panic.
Fast forward a couple of months, and I see a mommy in Target holding the hand of a sweet little guy about the same age as L. And what does he have in his hand? THE MONKEY. Of course, I have to stop her and ask where she got it (it was a gift) but she knows that she has seen it before, somewhere local, but can't remember where. My spirits raise...rush home and check Amazon (my go-to) and there it is!! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Moral of the story: Amazon has everything.

Thanks for looking. Hope this finds you happy and healthy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!