Friday, June 21, 2013

Pals Mini Album

I made this mini album from the Baby Saurus envelope kit by Little Yellow Bicycle. I have had it awhile because, when I bought it Archivers, I didn't notice that the chipboard covers were WAY too small for the envelopes. Realizing it was too late to return them to the store, I set the too-small covers to the side, made my own, and finished the mini. I made this for our cousin in Wisconsin that we visit every summer. Thought it would be fun to put pictures of his toys or him and his toys or him and friends (or us!) or really whatever. I didn't do a whole lot of embellishing (or really any embellishing) because I didn't want there to be little pieces possibly coming off and into little hands.


I did, however, paint and distress the letters for the title. Still not sure if I like them. First I covered them in a custom orange I mixed from acrylic paints. That was too bright and didn't match like I wanted in to. So I added brown paint with my finger in small swipes. They still needed something so I repeated the step with Antique Gold Rub'N'Buff. Wiped off as much as I could and there is the final product.



I also created the title layers with some left over Stampin' Up Simply Stampin' Kit (that I have no idea what the name was) scraps. Roughed them up a little by carefully crumpling and then smoothing out. I also only adhered them in the center so that the ends would stand up from the cover a bit. I punched five ovals from kraft cardstock, along with one from the scraps of design paper and glued them together, creating a little dimension.

I inked the hole reinforcers (came with the kit) with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.



Thanks for stopping in! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!