Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Good Dog" Mini Album

So, Shiloh isn't always "good" but she takes such great care of us. She scares the beegeebees out of anyone who comes to the door; her version of keeping us safe. She is a constant companion and always wants to be where we are. She is so faithful. She wouldn't sleep in her bed in our room while Husband and I were in the hospital. I think she knew something was wrong because, even when he's late or out of town, she will sleep in there with me. I could go on and on but I won't. I'll just say that she's an awesome dog and we love her so very much.

First night at home and where she still sleeps today. 

This mini has been a LONG time coming. I found this paper, TPC Studio's Paws and Claws Dog, many moons ago at Tuesday morning (I think). I knew immediately that I wanted to make a "Shiloh" album.

Only later did I find the perfect chipboard album. It was meant to be a beehive but all I saw was a fire hydrant, and the perfect book coming together. You can watch the video HERE.


I traced the chipboard outline on my papers and cut them out by hand. Once I had adhered everything down, I roughed up the edges with a nail file and then inked all of them in Walnut Stain distress ink.

For the cover, I used my go to chipboard letters that I have had forever and have a TON of. Of course, when I go to spell out "good dog" in the orange, I have no options for all upper or all lower because I don't have a complete set in either. Oh well! I just mixed them up and then distressed them. :) I LOVE how the title turned out and that sweet touch of whimsy, just like our Shiloh.




For her picture, I cut five kraft circles from my circle punch with a patterned piece layered on top. I cut Shiloh's picture with my Stampin' Up 1 3/8 inch circle punch to mat it inside. Her tiara is punched from an old Martha Stewart punch I found on sale years ago. (I thought I would use it for the girls' minis but Shiloh got it first.) I did the same layering to bring some dimension and topped it with patterned paper. I applied Crackle Accents all over for more detail.

I wanted to add as many photos and as much journaling as I could to this mini album. On the first page, I popped up one of my favorite pictures of her and the journaling spot slides out from underneath. For even more journaling room, I folded the paper in half. The pull is punched and layered using my small and large Stampin' Up tag punches. I Crackle Accent-ed the paw on the patterned paper.

On the next page, I tried something I haven't done in a long time; I used a magnet closure. Forgot how fun and cool those are to use. Again, I slipped the journaling spot behind the matted photos.


*open*
 I made a pull out for five pictures and a journaling spot and tied with orange hemp cord. Used a mini lunch bag as a pocket to hold photos that I wanted to include but not display. A memo clip holds the sack shut. I matted a photo on the outside.


*Special heart jewel from Regan*
I created a pocket for photos and journaling from a longer photo that I backed on kraft cardstock. I popped up the photo on the next page and slipped more photos and a journaling spot underneath.


I fussy cut the dog house out of the papers and, after backing it on kraft cardstock, covered it with glossy accents. Once dry, I added the 'dog' brad that I had cut the prongs off of. The next page, I made a library pocket and matted with patterned paper. I popped it up and added even more pictures beneath.


The back is plain and simple. I added Shiloh's old tags with a trinket pin back here because they didn't look good on the front. I don't like it much so I'll be playing with other options.


That's my "Good Dog" mini album! Hope you enjoyed it.

I was able to create a kit out of my left overs. You can find that at my Zibbet shop by clicking the link to the right. :) You can also check out the video HERE.



Hope this finds you happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!