Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Whitney!!!

My precious goddaughter turns THREE today! I can hardly believe it! My BFF, LT, gave birth to her the day before my oldest turned four. I was hoping they would share a birthday but it's close enough. :) I was able to meet Whitney the next day (after all of our birthday party guests left) and I've been in love every since.



This year, I decided I would make her a mini. I haven't made one specifically for her and I thought she was probably old enough to at least give it a try. I didn't use any big embellishments just in case the temptation became to great and they were pulled off or sucked on or whatever. All the embellishments I did use are made of paper so even if they do come off, they shouldn't be toxic if nibbled. If you would rather, you can watch the VIDEO HERE.



I started with DCWV's Celebration stack. LOVE this paper! It's so colorful and it's easy to turn it into a girl birthday or a boy birthday (will show that mini in the future :)). I used kraft cardstock and a tutorial by Chandra at YT: SuperHappyScrapper. I grabbed chipboard letters from my stash and the purple matched perfectly. I didn't want then to be too distressed but I had to remove the little bits that attached to the bigger page. I think they came out all right.




I had to put tape on the binding because my paper started ripping. I made the spine a little too small. This also makes this book not close very well.

I had fun using all the colorful, glittered/foiled papers throughout.



  




I tried to keep my tags clean and simple as not to add any more bulk to the book and because I wanted Whitney to be able to manipulate them herself. I also wanted LT to be able to add lots of pictures and journaling.



A card I made out of the colorful scraps. Couldn't let those go to waste. :)



A few more little details...





I hope you like it, Whitney! We love you so very much and hope to see you soon! Happy Birthday!!

I hope this finds you happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!