Sunday, March 16, 2014

DUDE. (PIO #11)

Time for a new challenge over at Pile It On!
Our sponsor this challenge is Dr. Digi's House of Stamps


They are offering our winner their choice of two digital stamps. 

Thank you so much for sponsoring our challenge, Dr. Digi.

Our PIO challenge this week is 'For a Man'. Oh, there's so many different ways to take this but I stuck to an actual man on my card. Love it. This will make the perfect card for my dad's birthday in April. 




I used Anglin Andy found in the Dr. Digi's House of Stamps. My dad is a big fisherman so I couldn't help poking a little fun with the sentiment. I used Stampin' Up Garden Green and Whisper White cardstock, rounding the opposite corners with my 1/4 corner rounder. I popped up the image on dimensionals. The sentiment is spell out in 'Adorn It' green letter stickers. The only thing I don't like about these stickers is the lack of punctuation, which I had to write in myself.

I colored Andy up with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I have found that this a great (and economical) choice for me as I don't have all the Copics I would need to finish an image like this but by combining the mediums, I end up with all the colors I need. I don't quite get the perfect blend with the pencils as with the markers but I think that's pretty normal. I don't find it to be a big deal but I would love to know what you think. Can you tell the difference? Is it odd looking, the different mediums? 

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Pile It On #10 - For a Man
Crafty Creations #258 - Happy Birthday
Digi Stamps 4 Joy #87 - Add a Happy Birthday Sentiment
Without Words - And Relax: Hobbies and Leisure
Craftin' Desert Divas #26 - Birthdays
Wags N Whiskers #124 - Sports
Craftitude #60 - Anything with a Little Green
Inky Impressions #150 - Go Green
Loves Rubberstamps #94 - Shades of Green
Artistic Inspirations #82 - Anything Goes/St. Patrick's Day/Green
Fussy and Fancy #109 - Birthday
Get Inky #9 - Green
Crafty Catz #222 - Boys and Their Toys
Fusion #6 - Shades of Green and/or Sketch
Pause Dream Enjoy #5 - Any Sketch
The Crafty Bloggers Network: March - Nature
Delicious Doodles #79 - Mainly Green
The Squirrel and the Fox #65 - Autumn or Spring
Flat Friends #18 - Cards for Men
Card Mania #42 - Something New (My new digi and a new Copic marker skin combo.)
Ladybug Crafts Ink - One for the Boys
Nutcrafters #63 - Boys, Boys, Boys

20 comments:

  1. Lol, this is soooo cute!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome birthday card. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! What a fun image!! You colored it beautifully!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Craftin Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alycia...your card is incredibly gorgeous; great take on the sketch and pretty shades of green. Love your coloring and the inside of card. Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and we hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is so cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun and great card Alycia.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image for all those fishermen! Love the way he's colored and the double matting. :) Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox. Hugs, Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great image for any fisherman! So nicely colored - and a fun sentiment inside too! thanks so much for joining in the Fusion challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, such a fun image and fantastic colouring, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This image is so much fun!

    Great card and I love the green and yellow!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grandpa, is that you?! Haha, this is so funny! Great coloring! Thank you for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol...oh my gosh that is such a fabulous image and I just love the sentiment you used with it. Thanks for playing in our Add a Birthday Sentiment challenge at Digistamps4Joy! We hope you will join us again.
    ♥ Charlene DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute, I love it - fantastic sentiment xx Thank you so much for joining us over at Flat Friends, Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card. Fab sentiment too.Great CAS style.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card . . . and you did a GREAT job with the coloring of your image! Just love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge for our "Green/St. Patrick's Day" challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon! (and GOOD LUCK!!!)

    Kathy - Get Inky! DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great CAS card for a man's birthday! Great colouring too! Thanks for joining in the Fussy & Fancy Birthdays Challenge.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fun card, love the coloring and the way you laid out the sentiment :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the sketch, Alycia. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!