Monday, March 17, 2014

Make-a-Card Monday: Going Green

So, this is the card that I went on and on about HERE. This is for my neighbor's Irish (like FROM Ireland visiting) mother. I think she will appreciate the gesture.


I used Hamlet Pigwit Think Spring (and the sentiment) from From the Heart Stamps. I colored him using my Prismacolor pencils. I die cut him using my Nestabilities and Stampin' Up punches. The striped designer paper is no name that I had hanging around my scrap bin. The cardstock is SU's Garden Green. It's been the perfect green for the last couple cards I've made. The inside sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes (forgot to take a picture of the inside).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Stamps #160 - Lucky
Snarky Stampers #3 - P is for Paddy
From the Heart Stamps - March Challenge
Come and Get It - St. Patrick's Day
The Corrosive Challenge #195 - Go Green
Sentimental Sundays #198 - Cute and Cuddly
Sketch Saturday #301 - Sketch
The Paper Girls #52 - Lucky Charms

This next card is for the same neighbors as above. The Irishman got married on St. Patrick's Day. I love it!! Lucky 13!!


I used Whimsie Doodles Holding Hands. I used Copics and Prismacolor pencils, the same unknown striped paper from my stash, and vellum stamped with the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. Loving how it came out!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CMC Copic Challenge #89 - Show Some Skin
Whimsie Doodles - Seeing Spots
4 Krafty Girlz #13 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - H is for Hair
Glitter N Sparkle #76 - Some Green
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Lucky

Then the smart @$$ in me just had to make this one...



First of all, I am VERY disappointed in the pictures I ended up with. They are terrible! And I couldn't figure out a spot that would make it any better. The colors look so good together on the actual card. I'm so mad about these pictures. I took the ones above at the same time and they came out great (or so I think.). :P

I used a Studio G Dollar spot set. The inks are all Stampin' Up in Old  Olive, Wild Wasabi, and Certainly Celery. I stamped each color once and then again to create a shadow-ish effect. Did the same with the sentiment on the inside. The vellum is stamped with the Old Olive. The paper is unknown from my stash.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CAS-ology #86 - Roots
4 Krafty Chicks #185 - Trees
RetroSketches #106 - Sketch
A Creative Romance #20 - Seeing Double
Craft Your Passion #205 - Go Green

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

28 comments:

  1. Super cute little wee bit Irish card! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the "P is for Paddy" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alycia, I love both of these cards! I got the same stamp from FTH, for my neighbors' St Paddy's party tonight! What is it they say about great minds? lol I like how you did the trees too. Sorry you don't like the pics. I think they look fine. I find sometimes doing mine outside, I have to brighten them up with Photoshop. Even have to sometimes in my lightbox. Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs! Nance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute "Hamlet" card, Alycia. I like the craft background - fits great with the green.

    Thanks for joining our SOTM Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, Alycia. Great take on the sketch and fabulous coloring of Hamlet. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alycia,
    Loving all your fab cards! the designs are wonderful, thanks so much for joining our seeing double challenge at A Creative Romance, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these cards are terrific! (I have that same Studio G tree... now I'm inspired to get it inky again!) Your wee piglet is adorable -- thanks for linking it up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our P is for Paddy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEK! that hamlet is the cutest EVER! Thanks for sharing with the SOSS. All your cards are just fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute tree card!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an amazing talent - love all of your cards! Hamlet has never looked more adorable. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at FTHS Monthly Progressive Challenge - Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated St. Patrick's Day! What a fun collection of projects! The little piglets are so cute! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are amazing! Loving that wee Irish piggy! LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cards are so cute! Seriously love how you interpreted the "Lucky Charm" theme at Paper Girls Challenge Blog. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. some great cards in this post - i love the anniversary card... so beautiful, and well coloured! thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT X

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some gorgeous images. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga DT G'nS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are very cute, I love Hamlet, he is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they are all amazing, Alycia! Of course, my fave is the cute couple!

    Thx for joining us Whimsie Doodles and hope to see you again!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little pig card. A fabulous sentiment! Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It and good luck in the draw! Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges!
    Hugs
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the going green along with the "Lucky Charm" theme at Paper Girls Challenge Blog. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! Great colors. Thanks for playing at Glitter n Sparkle. Hope to see you next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pig card is so cute! I just love it!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Girls Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous selection of cards.Just Love all the shades of green and effective stamping on your 'Go Green' one.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! Thanks for linking up with the Paper Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are great, cute and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your win at Color Me Creative, Alycia! Hope to see you over there as our next Guest DT member. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful creation
    Thanks for playing at ABC Good Luck :)
    Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!