Sunday, March 9, 2014

You give me butterflies. (CIC251)

Time for a new challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations!!
Our sponsor this week is 7 Kids College Fund


7 Kids College Fund is generously offering a fabulous prize to our randomly drawn winner! 

Thank you for sponsoring this challenge!

Here's is this week's inspiration cupcake.
Our challenge is BUTTERFLIES.  




Here's my take...



Husband and I didn't have much in the way of a "dating" relationship. We went straight from friends to engaged within 18 days. I told him from the very beginning that he gave me butterflies and it's kind-of been our thing. (Yes, ANOTHER one!) So when I saw this challenge and this die (which I got from 7 Kids College Fund), I knew that I wanted to do a card with him in mind (even though it might not go to him).

After die cutting the front panel, I used Purple Stickles on all of my butterflies. My matting panel is Wild Wasabi textured cardstock. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Short and Sweet set and stamped in Wild Wasabi as well. Once my card was dry and adhered all together, I carefully pulled all my wings up so you can see the green beneath. Love that look.

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
7 Kids Challenge Blog #94 - Anything Goes
As You Like It - Favorite 3D Texture (I love die cuts like this because it make the butterflies look like they are about to fly off the card. So cool!)
Sparkle N Sprinkle: March - Anything Goes w/ Glitter
Inkspirational #51 - Purple, White, and Green

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and love that die. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, where the theme is always anything goes with loose glitter, embossing powder, and/or flock. Hope you share more of your wonderful projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your card is truly beautiful, I adore butterflies and purple too
    Thank you so much for haring with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Die is Awesome. love how you used it on your card very pretty. Thanks for Joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you've done a great job with this card I love it thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the effect with the butterflies and the fun heart shape! Thanks for linking up with us over at Stampin' Celebration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness, Girl! I looooooooove this! So gorgeous and so creative! I had to skip out this week --- too much life hit at once. Now you've inspired me! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Alycia! I love the butterflies in the heart shape. And this colour combo is so gorgeous too isn't it? Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute die. Very creative use of the butterflies and the color combination! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, this is GORGEOUS! (And I love the story behind it!) This die is amazing and you've used it so beautifully. I love the sweet sparkle and color combo... this just makes my sappy heart flutter. :o) Thank you for sharing your heartfelt creation with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Alycia, this card is gorgeous. I love is so much. It has such a CAS feel, yet I know the work involved in it means it was an easy/quick CAS card.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar for our Make it Sparkle Challenge. Good luck.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, that die is so pretty! I love how you folded all the wings up to add dimension. Thank you for playing along with Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely, the die works so well and I love that you tied into the way your husband has always made you feel. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La creations

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning. Such a beautiful die and I love the purple stickles on the butterflies.
    Thank you for taking part in a Gem of a Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card you've created! Love the purple stickles you used and the bits of green showing behind their wings. I've had my eye on that butterfly heart die and your card just pushed me over the edge into putting it in my shopping cart. Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulously fun card! You've rocked our colour challenge at Sunday Stamps. I love love love all the little butterflies lifting into flight off the card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh so loving this, loving all those glittery butterflies, thanks for joining us at OLL
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness this is STUNNING!!! I would LOVE to have this to hang on the wall in my daughters room :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
    Hugs
    Belinda
    belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. AMAZING!! The butterflies look so beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! The colors look amazing on your card. Hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your win at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!