Sunday, March 30, 2014

Studded Sympathy (CIC254)

It's time for another challenge over on the Cupcake Inspirations blog.

Our sponsor this week is Core'dinations!


Core'dinations is generously offering a fabulous prize to our randomly drawn winner!

Thank you for sponsoring this challenge!

Here's is this week's inspiration cupcake. Our color challenge is to use lemon, white, and pool.

A mommy that I am getting to know on Wednesday nights (while our daughters are in ballet class), got a call this week during class that she is very close to losing her mother to Alzheimer's. Having lost my Grannie to this horrible disease a little over a year ago, I wanted to make her a card to share my condolences. 


I've never really had the opportunity to play with Core'dinations cardstock and I must say, it's like magic. (Though my pictures aren't doing the paper justice, it was actually raining when I took this.) I love how the subtle textures become something completely different when you sand or paint the embossing. I took my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and cut out multiples of all the flowers in the challenge colors. I sanded them up and crumpled them as well. I stacked and added a button as my center. The studs are from iCrystal, and I also used their setter to adhere them to my card front. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped in Going Gray ink.

My friend is very rock 'n roll and I think that even though its a sympathy card, it's very personal and a reflection of who she is. I hope she knows that I am thinking about her and her family during this time.

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Knockouts #30 - Texturize It
Allsorts Challenge #252 - Use Dies
4 Krafty Girlz #14 - Anything Goes
Craftitude #61 - Anything Goes w/ Brad or Eyelet

7 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card !! The design is so cute !! Hope you have a wonderful day !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sympathy card.

    Just letting you know that you have won a voucher at Just keep on creating. Please email me to claim your prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a gorgeous card! Just adore the flowers you have made. The studds are just perfect. And the CAS look is what is needed for this great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You card is seriously beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait until the remodel is done and I can really get back into crafting. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Alycia. Love how you altered the paper by crumpling and sanding. So pretty! Have a great weekend! Hugs! Nance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alycia your card is so pretty! Love those flowers. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!