Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring and Complete Brain Lapse...(CIC250)

The title will be explained at the end of the post. It's a pretty funny thing I did, though at the time I just felt like a fool. :) For some reason, I had a lot harder time with this challenge than I was expecting. I have a tendency to get a plan in my head and it's very hard for me to think about changing it or doing away with it all together. I can do it but, as Husband would tell you, I'm not good with change. So there's a card at the end that is my "brain lapse" and the idea that was drilled into my brain. The card below came later and I do like the end result but need to learn to better manage my OCD tendencies when it comes to change. Maybe if I had followed the color challenge the first time...

Our sponsor this week is Paper Pretties


Paper Pretties is generously offering SIX images as our fabulous prize to our randomly drawn winner! 

Thank you for sponsoring this challenge!

Here is this week's inspiration cupcake.
Our color challenge is to use pistachio, white, and rose.  



Here's my take...



I love this image (I know that I start most my descriptions like that but I do!!) from Paper Pretties. It's not even the one that I thought I would be using, and I'm glad I changed my mind and went with it. I colored my little guy up with my Prismacolor pencils and Glossy-Accented the raindrops. I matted my pieces on Pretty in Pink card stock and my larger mat is Green Galore run through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I love that it looks like rain. :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Pumpkin Spice #61 - Use Green
Friday Mashup #149 - Monochromatic and/or Flowers
Creative Corner - Green
MilkCoffee - Emboss It



So, I was super excited about this image because I knew exactly how I wanted to color it and what papers I wanted to use. So, I finished coloring my little guy up with my Prismacolor pencils (that I diligently matched to my paper collection, Echo Park's On The Record) and started putting together my card. As soon as I finished it, I thought something's not right...yeah, doofus, it's in the wrong colors! I liked the card though so I'm sure it will find a special home with someone I love. :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Fingers #25 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #220 - Anything Goes
Mod Squad - Spring-themed Card

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

11 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful! I've had similar "brain lapses"... I get so caught up in an idea that I forget what I'm supposed to be doing! But hey, you ended up with two gorgeous cards! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the cards. The image is fabulous. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers challenge blog. Good luck! - Anne Lise -

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful cards !!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are wonderful! I can't wait until spring!!! You did a fantastic job on the coloring and I love the stamp set and sentiment!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spring card, such bright, happy colors!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card(s), Alycia. Great embossing and Beautiful spring colours!
    Thank you for joining us at the MilkCoffee Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool cards and cute duckie! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and a lovely image, thanks for joing us this week at Creative fingers Hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. You color so beautifully! Thanks for playing at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too funny! Wait'll you get a lot older. Just before you drop off to sleep or while you're in the shower, a full-on card will present itself to you, bam, just like happened here. You can't wait to wake up or dry off and make it. Then, poof, it flies away, but it leaves behind wispy traces of itself, just enough to make you curse (if you curse) and wish you had done more crossword puzzles like the experts tell you to do! Sigh!

    In this case, the card that WANTED to be made is simply beautiful, Alycia! It is bright and sunny, with happy rain and it will let you know where it's supposed to be sent. Your challenge card in the proper colors is EQUALLY gorgeous and a winner in my book!! I've never seen that sediment before and just love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!