Friday, March 14, 2014

Rainbow is my favorite color. (SACC#48)

It's time for a new challenge over at Sister Act, where every challenge is ANYTHING GOES. 
So, come on over and share your creativity with us. :)  


Our Sponsor this week is Papers and Petals. Thank you so much for sponsoring our challenge. 

I know there's many versions of this card floating around the blogosphere but this Simon Says Stamp Card Kit this month lends its self to these bright and friendly cards. Couldn't help myself doing a rainbow. Have I mentioned my favorite color is rainbow? :) If you ask my kids what mommy's favorite color is they will answer Rainbow. It's pretty funny.



I love this kit. It's like it was made for me. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp and my Prismacolor pencils to color my crayons and Versafine Onyx Black for the sentiment. I'm trying to decide if I like the word "color" over to the side. I'm a very symmetrical person and my OCD is trying to rear its ugly head. Also, there were some scratches on the cardstock that I couldn't see until I started coloring  my purple over them. It's driving me crazy that they're there. :)

I made this with the intention that one of my children will give it to their teacher. Don't have an actual occasion but sometimes things just creep up on you. Or you just like to surprise someone. I do plan to stamp a couple of these cards and let the kids color them.

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you healthy and happy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sugar and Spice #1 - Rainbow
Just Keep On Creating #1 - Anything Goes
Pumpkin Spice #62 - Rainbow
Crafting From the Heart #9 - Anything Goes with your Favorite Colors
Craft Your Passion #204 - Young at Heart (Crayons were the first thing I was able to create with as a child.)
City Crafter #202 - Rainbow
Clear It Out - Kid theme with Bright Colors
Your Next Stamp #10

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Alycia! Love the crayons. Can't even see the things you are talking about with the cardstock. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this clean and simple card. Don't worry about your OCD...it happens to us all! It's perfect just the way it is. Thanks for joining us at the Sugar and Spice Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly a card you can use for a variety of occasions. I love the colour and the the sentiment goes perfectly with the main image .

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart, hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea for your rainbow of colours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific card this is ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card!! Great coloring on the crayons!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge Blogspot and best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun and cheery card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, Alycia! I have the kit too and have yet to use it but hope to today! I had to subscribe when I saw this kit just for the crayon stamp! I love your take on them and rainbows! Hugs!

    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super cute card!! Thanks so much for playng this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! My daughter would love it. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your CAS card..it's perfectly fun! I am so glad you joined us this time at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!