Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall comes tomorrow!!

It's almost fall (It only got up to 91 yesterday!) and I wanted to get started on my cards. This is my first. I pulled out one of my all-time favorite Stampin' Up sets called Basket Full of Fun, which is retired.

The colors look so much brighter in the picture than IRL.
My card base is SU More Mustard. I used layers of paper from the Crate Paper Random collection. The little heart is from the Simon Says Stamp Card-Exchanging Friends set, and it's stamped in Real Red ink. I edged everything in Walnut Stain Distress ink. Used a SU border and oval punches and the apple is Nestibilities.


I colored the image with Copic markers on Neenah Solar White cardstock, fussy cut, and glued to SU Very Vanilla cardstock. Wasn't sure if the Very Vanilla would make my colors look weird, so decided not to chance it. 


On the inside, I just used more of the papers, layering them to look similar to the front. Stamped the image again in Walnut Stain distress ink. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges. 




ABC Blog Badge






Thanks so much for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy. 




7 comments:

  1. A lovely fall card. I think that bucket of apples is just too cute (your coloring is fab too). thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love the bucket of apples. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Fall card!! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun fall card! glad you could play along at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I like the primary colors as a change from fall. This is definitely an eye catching card. I also like the way you did the center border with the embossing and did the inside of the card too. I always think that it looks better that way.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! I love the coloring on the bucket of apples.. great job!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling! I love apples... especially colored and in a bucket! So cute!

    Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!