Monday, September 30, 2013

Make-a-Card Monday: Welcome to the 'Hood!

So, in honor of my in-laws moving about 5 minutes away, I am showcasing these cards I made for them. We are looking forward to having them so close. I am envisioning weekly date nights and sleeping late Saturdays. I know I'll wake up to reality, when the "new" of having my kids so close wears off, and they start avoiding my calls.

In this first card, I used an old Stampin' Up set, Right at Home. LOVE this set! It's perfect for more than just  "welcome to the 'hood" cards. There's "thanks for your hospitality" and "we've moved" sentiments as well. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my Prismacolor pencils. I added some Glossy Accents to the TV screen. I cut out the image with my small circle Nestabilities, along with a black cardstock layer. I drew layout inspiration from Cas(e) This Sketch! sketch #14. My little lines are just one-eighth inch strips of SU's Real Red cardstock. I used SU's heart, 1 inch, and 1.25 inch punches.


But, really, how cute is this chair? Swoon.


On the inside, I decided to try something different. I have just found the amazingly talented Amy and she always decorates the insides of her cards. Seems like a fun idea to me. I used the same Kraft that I matted on the outside and I stamped the image in Versamark ink. After letting that dry, I stamped the second sentiment in Versafine. The little hearts are from a SSS set called "Card Exchanging Friends" and stamped in SU's Real Red ink.



I used the biggest stamp in the same set for this card. Oh my, those houses are adorable! So fun and easy to color, too. (Plus, my in-laws' new home is in a row of three, making this image even more fitting.)



I colored the houses with my Prismacolor pencils, keeping it simple with no shading or anything. I did add Glossy Accents to the windows, just wished I had added a bit of color first. Used a sketch that I found on Pinterest (I was unable to find the original source, sorry) and all the colored paper is from my stash. I embossed the background mat with a Cuddlebug folder. I found those brads floating around and thought they would be pretty perfect on this card.



On the inside, I used the chair and inked it with SU's Gable Green. The sentiment is in Versafine.

How do you let everyone know you've moved? I just put business cards with our new info on them in our baby announcements. (E, our oldest, was born 4 days before we moved to Houston.) If we ever move again, I hope to use a little more creativity.

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!