Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Christmas in July...and August

I joined in Cassie Keith's Christmas in July Challenge mostly because I wanted to get rid of some of the projects I've had laying around for years. Embarrassing but true. I have had this kit of Christmas goodies for at least 3 years.

It contains over 4,000 pieces including chipboard embellishments and alphabets, chipboard to create projects, and tons of paper. The feel is very vintage-y, which I really like. All I needed was glue, Walnut Stain distress ink, and time.

The first project is a "Noel" wall hanging. There are small, functional frames on the N, E, and L. Added the most vintage-looking brads I have, which are a bronze color. The twine looks a little bright here; maybe I should have tea-dyed it?




 




 

The next project could be a wall hanging but I made it to stand up on display. (I ran out of twine.) There are photo mats on the back each that I didn't share in photos but you can see it in the VIDEO HERE. I used the letters from the above pieces to spell "Noel", again. :) Used the paper punch-out embellishments to add the "is for" on to the letter. 









My last project deals with the big man; Santa, himself. Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait until next year to use this cute accordion mini album. I put the wrong year on the cover...oops. Does that mean I'm on the naughty list? I left this pretty plain as Cassie will probably need to add her photos before many more embellishments can be added. 




Thanks for hosting such a great challenge, Cassie! 

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!