I started with a mini spiral that a friend gave me at the scrap retreat I went to a couple of weeks ago. She had started a project with it and decided against it and passed it on to me. I didn't get a before picture but she had already adhered paper to the front so I had to start by getting back down to the actual cover. After I took the book apart, I peeled off as much of the paper as I could by hand and sandpapered the heck out of the rest to create a smooth cover.
I then took my K & Company Life's Journey paper pad and gathered all the book/postcard papers. I used three different papers to cover the four exposed sides. Then I roughed up the edges and distressed them with Walnut Stain distress ink (surprise, surprise). I bound it back, using darker wires, with my Bind-It-All. I found Thickers that matched perfectly and placed my title. I really like how it came out.
The inside pages are so thick that you could actual use multi-media products on them. Markers, paints, sprays, and such. I don't know that you could use both sides but it would still be a fun way to keep track of the books you've read.
Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.