Thursday, August 29, 2013

Entry for My Style Stamps Design Team

So you may have heard me talk about My Style Stamps before (I'm a Winner! post). Nicole (designer and CEO) has put a call out for new design team members. I am so excited! I have always wanted to do this but the timing was never right. A time and place for everything, right? Well, the time is now and the place is My Style Stamps. :)

Nicole specifically asked to see paper piecing and coloring (Copic). I am still finding my groove with these techniques but I feel comfortable doing them. I have actually never made a card using paper piecing before but have meant to for a long while now. I made tons of cards because I was so nervous and nothing felt just right. Feels like picking out just the right outfit for the first day of school.

This first card (you saw yesterday and can check out the details there) is strictly Copic coloring. I love how she turned out! I see where I can improve but we all have to start somewhere, right?






This card was the first card I did for Nicole using paper piecing (and the first card I've ever done paper piecing on). I used the Serenity Now stamp set by My Favorite Things stamps. I inked it up in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the wall, mat, and her skin with my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I used a un-named paper pad by Anna Griffin that is full of all kinds of patterns and true photo papers. Matted and layered with the patterned paper, Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie, and Kraft Cardstock. I added shading on the pieced paper with my Prismacolor pencils. Inside, I stamped the water lily and sentiment from the same set.




I started second guessing myself because this card was so simple. When I found this old sketch challenge (by I {Heart}Sketches), I saw an idea forming in my head. I love it when that happens. :)

I used My Favorite Things stamp set Teacher's Pet inked in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. MFT designs are so great for paper piecing and Copic coloring. I colored her skin, books, and apple with Copic markers and paper pieced the rest with paper from Cosmo Cricket's Tea for Two line and matted it on Stampin' Up's Purely Pomegranate. My card base is SU's Garden Green cardstock. Added the sentiment and apple on Nestabilities ovals cut from the same paper.




Thanks for looking and wish me luck! Hope this finds you happy and healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!