Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"School Days" Mini Album

I have been making so many cards lately and, as much fun as I'm having, I am really missing making my minis. So I switched creative gears and created this mini in honor of school starting on Monday. Only 7 more sleeps, but who's counting?

I started with a 6.5 by 6.5 inch paper pad from Kaisercraft called "The Class of '87". Love it. I can't remember where I found it but there was nothing to go with it, no stamp,stickers, rub-ons, chipboard, nada. The great thing was that this pack (and I think all Kaisercraft pads have this) includes is four sheets of diecuts in the back. Love it when a paper pad comes with built-in embellishments. More bang for your buck, I think.

I had to cut my own custom mini book for these pages because of that extra half inch. I just didn't want to cut every single page and lose the cool prints. I re-purposed cereal boxes for that job. After choosing where all my papers would go I adhered them down and roughed up the edges with my sand paper before inking them up with Walnut Stain distress ink.


I used brown tulle from my stash as well as some ABC twill ribbon on the binder rings. Created a mini clasp with charms that you can find in my Zibbet shop HERE.



On the cover, I used my favorite felt letters. Cut out the star (stars, I cut three to create dimension) from Kraft cardstock, inked the edges, and used a diecut in the middle. I intend to put the teacher/student's name in the ruler (another diecut) with my old school label maker.



I tried to add pages that were different. Different sizes and textures. I used two pages that were half the size of the originals, one page made of acetate, and another that is made from an envelope. I didn't create photo mats for every page either. I'll do the final touches when I decide where it's going.

I used some of the border strips and created a pocket so that I didn't have to cover up the paper. Tags are made with the designer paper and SU Real Red cardstock mounted on Kraft.



I used a Martha Stewart border punch as a belly band to hold those tags in place. Here is the first half page as well. More SU tags using Bashful Blue, Elegant Eggplant, and Only Orange (?).



Acetate is so fun to work with and I love the challenge of figuring out how to keep my adhesive covered. Large photo mat is created using a 6.25 x 4.25 piece of SU Crushed Curry popped up on foam dots with two Kraft tags tucked beneath.



Second half page tied up with ruler twine to offer a place to tuck special notes and such. Same photo mat as the last page but with SU Wild Wasabi, one of my favs.



The envelope page that I completely forgot to take pictures of the tags inside. You can see that in the video HERE. (same ones that I used in the Rainbow Mini)




Love the multiplication and counting charts!


Some of my favorite things about doing projects like this are the small details. Like Glossy Accents and strategically placed cuteness.



Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!