Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Layer Card

The Paper Players challenge #159 this week is a Clean and Simple (CAS), one layer card. Right up my alley! I did actually struggle a little bit trying to not add layers. Didn't think I would have that problem but I kept reaching for punches and scraps. Oops. :)


I created a card using My Favorite Things (MFT) stamp set, Serenity Now. I cut a rectangle using my Spellbinders dies on the front of the card. Underneath, I stamped the sentiment and water lily in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



Stamped the main image on the inside of the card. I used my Prismacolor pencils to color my images.


On the inside, I have a handwritten note, "School starts tomorrow!" Thought that was a fun play on the deep breath. I know I'm ready for school to start again. :) The mommy I'm sending this to will appreciate the sentiment.



This is my first card challenge with Paper Players and I am super excited to start trying these out. I've always tried this privately but I think I'm ready to put myself out there. They look like so much fun and everyone's work is amazing!

Do you participate in challenges? Publicly or privately? Any you would recommend to me?

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! I love this...I can just imagine the deep breaths mothers all over the country are beginning to take! I even had a DREAM about school last night.....and I haven't been in elementary school for 50 years!! Very clever way to use this image! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Hello Alycia! *waving to you from across Texas* What a fun card and your shading is beautiful on the image. Perfect back to school card for the mom's. SO glad you decided to join us this week over at the Paper Players. Can't wait to see more of your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous... I LOVE the sentiment... love that you created two layers and yet it is still one! the framing is fabulous, especially the rounded corners. Beautiful coloring, too!
    So glad you decided to join us this week.

    Jaydee

    BTW... other challenges you might enjoy: addicted to Cas. Cas-ualfridays. simplylessismoore. freshly made sketches. casethissketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks as well for the other challenges. I will have to look into those. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!