Monday, August 5, 2013

Make-a-Card Monday: Back to School

I know lots of bloggers already do this so I thought I would give it a try. Especially since I've gotten out of the habit of making my own cards. My stamps are gathering dust. It felt really good to break them out and make these cards.

These are back to school cards for the kids' new teachers and last year's as well.

I stamped these images from the Michaels dollar spot (the alphabet) and an unknown clear set. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Prismacolor Pencils. Backed the image on Real Red Stampin' Up cardstock and mounted on my card front.


I stamped these images using the masking technique and My Favorite Things old teacher set. I don't even know the name because I got it off of eBay. I have the newer one too which is how I know this one is old. :) Again, I stamped it first in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Prismacolor Pencils. I embossed the "Back to School" in Stampin' Up white embossing powder. Backed it on a SU's Real Red and Almost Amethyst cardstock before popping it up on foam dots. I stamped the background with smaller stamps from the set with Versamark ink to give that extra "something".

 

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!