Monday, August 26, 2013

Make-a-Card Monday: School is in Session!

Thought that since this was the first day of school, I would post a few more of my back-to-school card creations. I made these for various people, including teachers, friends, kids' friends, and future gifts.

These were made for our friends' first days of school. We have a lot of friends that go to a different school and they started earlier than we do. I meant to have these in the mail in time for them to receive them the first day of school, but that didn't happen. So we made them "Hope your first week of school was a good one" cards. :) They are postcard-style. I stamped the crayons (stamp set is called Teacher Topper by Stampendous) in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils.




I made these sweet little (and they are little, about 2 x 1.5 inches) cards for the girls' lunches on the first day of school. I usually write on their napkins everyday but thought I would make something special for the first day. I found this stamp in a makeup bag (What?) and I have no idea where it came from. It is made by Hero Arts. I just used Crayola Crayons to color the images.




I made this 5.5 square card so that I have some cards on hand. This is from the same set as the crayon stamp above. There is a stamp that says "thanks for being my" that I can stamp in the white part if I want to make it a thank you. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my Prismacolor pencils.



This is a note-card set that I created, again, to have something on hand. Our teachers tend to keep their birthdays a secret until the day of, so I like to be ready. The pencil is, again, from the same Stampendous set used above, the "Just a Note" is from Printworks 'Small Tag Lines' stamp set, and the stamped sentiment on the tag is from a My Favorite Things stamp set called "Teacher's Pet" (retired). All inked in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the pencil is colored with Prismacolor pencils. There are 8 note-cards along with the envelopes in the box. Used twill ribbon around and attached the tag with hemp twine.







Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!